Версия для печати темы
Нажмите сюда для просмотра этой темы в оригинальном формате
Кулинарный форум Хорошей кухни > Разговоры > Практика английского

Автор: innok 23.12.2008 - 19:16
Не знаю читает ли кто-то, то, что я сюда ставлю, но буду продолжать.

В одном Нью_Йоркском магазине (The Greenwich Village gourmet grocery store, Balducci's) появился такой продукт.

Не знаю читает ли кто-то, то, что я сюда ставлю, но буду продолжать

По етому поводу было открыто несколько блогов, привожу наиболее понравившиеся мне высказывания:
  • It's elephant meat. That's how my Grandpa used to call it, anyway.
  • Boneless ham comes from the "legs" of boneless pigs, and I quote "legs" because without bones, there's really only a leg-analogue, not a proper leg. Being without endoskeleton, such pigs have no feet, they have no need for hooves, and indeed neither do they possess hooves. Without hooves, it is therefore a logical impossibility for them to have cloven hooves, and thus is the flesh of boneless pigs made kosher. The market for boneless ham has really taken off since.
  • Now how they managed to spiral-cut a ham without a central bone to wrap the knife around, that's a true miracle of technology.
  • Re .."Now how they managed to spiral-cut a ham without a central bone to wrap the knife around, that's a true miracle of technology.."-
    Lasers, maybe? So, seeing this, can the Holy Grail of culinarity, the Kosher cheeseburger, be near afoot?
  • Everyone knows ham isn't for Chaunaukah; it's for Pesach
  • I like the little yarmulke of sour cream.
  • But fried food is traditional on Hanukkah, to commemorate the oil. Wouldn't some nice crispy bacon be more appropriate?
  • Well you know, you don't win friends with bitter herbs. Now if only that were the correct holiday...